ACCT Professional Inspector Certification Eligibility
The Professional Inspector Certification is designed for the individual working for a legally licensed business that is properly insured to offer Professional and Acceptance Inspections as described in the ANSI-ACCT 03-2019 Standard, Chapter 1, Section B.1.2.
To be eligible to sit for the Professional Inspector Certification Exam, you will need to ensure you meet the following General Requirements:
- Act as an employee of a challenge course vendor
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Document the skill, experience, and training to be considered a Competent Person with regard to worker safety and fall protection
- Have the ability to inspect challenge course elements in accordance with ACCT Standards
- vi. Meet visual requirements
- All applicants must pass an eye exam to provide proof of near and far acuity of 20/30 or better with or without corrective lenses.
- All applicants must take a color perception test. Applicants who test positive for a color perception deficiency must submit a letter of acknowledgment to include a statement of adaptation from their supervisor before testing.
- vi. Meet visual requirements
- Must provide proof of insurance that meets the current requirements as follows:
- The Professional Inspector applicant must provide an insurance certificate that demonstrates professional responsibility for a minimum coverage of $1,000,000.00. Professional services covered by the Professional Liability Policy must be included in the description of the operations of the insurance certificate. Professional services must include inspections.
- The certificate must be dated within 30 days of application.
- The certificate should list the certificate holder:
- Association for Challenge Course Technology
- PO Box 19797
- Boulder, CO 80308
1 Professional Inspector Certification: Beginner Level
Must meet all the General Requirements above and document the following minimums within the past 36 months.
|Employment: A period of employment of 365 days or more as an employee or owner in the Challenge Course industry. Recent employment history assists in showing an applicant is staying current with industry knowledge and developments as well as maintaining the specific skill set required to inspect.
|Experience: 75 days Inspection relevant experience includes and is not limited to the following: conducting an inspection relevant training; engaging in challenge course inspection, installation, maintenance, and/or design; supervising other inspectors, managing an inspection department, and serving on inspection-relevant entities
|Training: 40 hours of training specific to inspection. This must also include attending an 8-hour ACCT Inspector Certification Prep Course.
|Inspections: 12 Professional Inspections in compliance with current ANSI/ACCT Standards at the time of inspection, performed under the supervision of a qualified person (inspections must take place at a minimum of three (3) different locations or courses).
|Testing: Pass a Professional Level 1 certification exam with a minimum of 80%.
Level 2 Professional Inspector Certification: Advanced Level
Must meet all the General Requirements, Level 1 Requirements, and document the following minimums within the past 60 months.
|Employment: A period of employment of 750 days or more as an employee or owner in the Challenge Course industry. Recent employment history assists in showing an applicant is staying current with industry knowledge and developments as well as maintaining the specific skill set required to inspect.
|Experience: 150 days Inspection-relevant experience includes and is not limited to the following: conducting inspection-relevant training; engaging in challenge course inspection, installation, maintenance, and/or design; supervising other inspectors; managing an inspection department, serving on inspection-relevant entities.
|Training: 72 hours of training related to inspection, installation, maintenance, and/or design, of which at least 48 hours shall be specific to the inspection.
|Inspections: 24 Professional Inspections in compliance with current ANSI/ACCT Standards at the time of inspection, of which at least 16 were performed under the supervision of a qualified person (inspections must take place at a minimum of 3 different locations or courses.
|Testing. Pass Professional Level 1 and Level 2 certification exams, each with a minimum of 80%. If the inspector is currently certified as Level 1, the Level 1 test does not need to be retaken.
Professional Supervisor Endorsement
The Supervisor Endorsement is for those individuals that oversee other inspectors at their company.
The Endorsement includes comprehension of quality assurance practices for companies that offer inspections and allow only Level 2 Inspectors to supervise an apprentice inspector.
Applicant must meet the requirements for Level 2 Certification.
Level 1 and Level 2 Professional Inspector Fees
|Inspector Certification Professional Exam Fee
|Inspector Certification Prep Course
|Inspector Certification 2-Year Document Renewal Fee
|Optional: Supervisor Endorsement- Level 2 only
ACCT Inspector Certification Refund Policy
The application fee of $125 is non-refundable, so please refer to the eligibility page to confirm you have the correct experience before you submit the application. Exam fees are non-refundable. Please contact the program department at email@example.com if you have additional questions. The inspector certification prep course is subject to the same cancellation/refund policy as the conference.