Mission and Vision
The Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) is an international trade organization dedicated to standards, government relations, credentialing, professional development and advancement of our members.
ACCT is an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited standards developer for the global challenge course, aerial adventure park, canopy tour and zip line industry.
ACCT Mission Statement
The Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) establishes and promotes the standard of care and measure of excellence that defines professional practice and effective challenge course programs. ACCT develops, refines, and publishes standards for Installing, maintaining, and managing challenge courses; provides forums for education and professional development; and advocates for the challenge course and adventure industry.
ACCT Vision Statement
The Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) is an industry leader, advancing the industry and enabling members' on-going success.
Statement of Values
- SAFETY - ACCT promotes a culture of safety for members, their clients, and the industry overall
- FUN - ACCT fosters fun, a key element of experiential learning, recreation, and adventure.
- INTEGRITY - ACCT holds integrity as a key value; ethical, responsible behavior is essential for its success.
- LEADERSHIP - ACCT leads to achieve the best outcomes for members, stakeholders, and the industry.
- QUALITY - ACCT seeks quality in all it does.
- PROFESSIONALISM - ACCT is professional in its activities and dealings, and represents its members as professionals.
- INCLUSION - ACCT believes in diversity, equity, and inclusion and promotes meaningful access to the challenge course community.
ACCT Position Statement on Inclusion:
The Association for Challenge Course Technology supports and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion, through:
- Championing a culture of belonging for members, their employees, their clients, and the industry overall.
- Promoting independence and meaningful participation in the challenge course industry for people living with or experiencing disabilities.
- Inviting volunteers with diverse backgrounds and perspectives to enrich the Association's work.
How ACCT enacts its commitment in an international community:
- The drive toward diversity, equity, inclusion is an ongoing process; ACCT will identify and address both unintended/intended and invisible/visible barriers arising from bias, discrimination, racism, and organizational structures that support such attitudes and actions.
- In the ongoing pursuit of excellence ACCT will impact challenge course design, vendor and consumer education, support services, policy making, personnel training, and advocacy as they relate to meeting the needs of individuals, organizations, companies and compliance with applicable laws.