||Challenge Course Lead Instructor (Full-Time)
||Outward Bound California
|Type of Position
|How to Apply / Contact
To apply and learn more, visit our website.
Equity and Inclusion Statement
We believe that all people should have safe access to the outdoors and culturally relevant and responsive educational programming. OBCA is also striving to create an equitable and inclusive internal culture where all staff members feel represented and honored for their identities and lived experiences. We examine how power, bias, race and other aspects of identity impact our organization. We work to build a culture where we are always learning and improving toward a vision for equity and belonging for all staff. We are looking for team members who can actively join us in this process. We are also committed to reflecting the diverse communities with whom we work and strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ identifying folks, and women to apply.
Description & Details:
As a Challenge Course Site Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing risk management and ensuring high-quality programs at our Challenge Course. Using our high & low ropes course, ground games, and other team-building activities, our staff facilitate full-day programs for students in grades 6-12 and adults. Site Managers are skilled in facilitation, mentoring others, and experienced in working with a variety of students and ages. The Challenge Course Site Manager is a mid-level position that reports to the Program Manager.
Compensation & Schedule (Full-Time)
- Starting hourly wage is $30.90/hour
- $1500 commitment bonus after 400 hours
- This is a full-time, hourly position, 5 days/week, ~34-38 hours/ week.
- Position dates are Jan 29 - November 8, 2024 with opportunities to return for the 2025 season
- Paid Training: Jan 29 - Feb 9, 2024 (8 hrs/day Mon-Fri)
- Program Season: Tues-Sat, Feb 13 - Nov 8, 2024. Staff meet for a half day on Tuesdays. Student programs run Wednesday-Saturday, 8am-4pm. There is also an unpaid summer break of programs from June 10-15 & July 29-August 3, 2024. Availability of work is dependent on the number of booked programs.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance with employer contribution
- Long-term Disability & Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid and Unpaid Time Off - Accrue 1 hour for every 13 hrs worked
- Paid designated holidays
- 401K (with employer match) after 1-year of employment
- Pro Deals (the opportunity to purchase outdoor gear at discounted rates)
- Free youth development training, professional development funds, and recertification reimbursements
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP), free of charge for staff and family members
- All required training is paid
Most program days take place at the McLaren Park Ropes Course in southeast San Francisco.