Description & Details:
Join the Challenge Works team in delivering outstanding Adventurous Structures and Programs to our wonderful clientele throughout beautiful and temperate California. Challenge Works is a Professional Vendor Member (PVM) of the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) and continues to enjoy steady, stable growth in our market as we push to supply innovative solutions for our clientele.
This opening seeks an experienced candidate to fill the position of Construction Manager. This position utilizes previous years of experience and skill to execute and supervise work by Challenge Works installation, maintenance, and repair teams. Candidates must possess a strong work ethic, positive work demeanor, good communication skills, be skilled in construction, responsible, safety minded, detail oriented, timely, organized, and have strong computer-based skills. The position is Sacramento Area based with work all over the state of California and beyond. You must be okay spending weeks away from home working on various client sites. Work may include travel to Hawaii, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, etc.
Candidates must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid drivers license/ reliable transportation, be comfortable working at height/ in a harness for extended periods of time, ability to stand for extended periods, bend, stoop, twist, and able to carry heavy objects over long distances and uneven terrain. Candidates must be comfortable working in outdoor environments with varying climates and weather conditions. Ideal candidates will have a passion for the outdoors and an active, passionate lifestyle. Successful candidates will have a strong command of the skills and knowledge required to build challenge structures at height. Will also be organized, professional in manner, and very reliable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION• Lead and maintain daily field and safety team operations
• Analytical skills needed to plan a project strategy, handle unexpected issues and delays, and solve complexities that arise over the course of the project
• Ability to climb trees, install aerial elements and ride zip lines, climbing towers, and ropes courses
• Autonomous, self-directed and possess strong time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A strong work ethic and high level of craftsmanship with precise attention to detail
• Leadership mentality who applies themselves to every and any level of their team’s project
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Professional and positive work attitude
Gear discount program/ equipment pro deals
Generous Paid Time Off
Construction: Minimum 5 years (Required)
Adventure/ Ropes Course: 1 year (Preferred)