Youth and College Programs Facilitator (Seasonal)
Date postedMay 12, 2023
Description & Details:
|Youth & College Program Facilitators
Location: Beverly, MA
Reports to: Youth and College Program Manager
Duration: This is a seasonal position, 2-6 Months with opportunities to extend; 3-5 days per week
Project Adventure (PA) is a nonprofit organization with an established history and reputation as a leader in adventure-based learning and has been developing challenge course programs since 1971. These programs empower youth to experience and practice social and emotional learning skills such as leadership,
teamwork, problem-solving, and conflict resolution.
General Description: Project Adventure is hiring facilitators for our growing youth and college programs. The primary focus of these positions is the facilitation of student groups at our Beverly, MA site. Student groups visit our location for single and multi-day programs that build social and emotional skills through purposeful play, teambuilding, and adventures on our multi-acre challenge
course. A variety of positions are available based on experience and availability. Employment could begin in spring, summer, or fall 2023, and continue until winter, with the option for extension based on other applicable skills and organizational needs. Recurring annual positions are available with substantial professional growth opportunities – an excellent opportunity for those looking to further their adventure education or youth work career.
Project Adventure is hiring facilitators for our growing youth and college programs. The primary focus of this position is the delivery of direct services to Youth & College Program clients based out of our Beverly, MA office. Facilitators will need to commit to working 3-5 program days a week, with preference given to a full 5-day week. We are looking for individuals who have strong facilitation backgrounds, can deliver single and multi-day programs for participants from elementary school to college, are comfortable and experienced in working with diverse groups, and are looking to work in a fun, rewarding, and fast-paced environment.
• Deliver adventure-based programs for youth and college groups
• Set up, welcome groups to the course, facilitate a day of adventure experiences, reflect, and
clean up at the end of each day
• Lead Facilitators with challenge course experience and certification will:
o Prepare for programs via needs assessments and communications with the client
o Create program design and distribute to other staff assigned to the program
o Oversee the delivery of programming with an eye on safety, quality, and client
o Infuse participant experiences with social and emotional learning
o Complete office and administrative tasks, including all post-program follow up
• May involve minimal travel, typically in the eastern United States
• Will include some night and weekend programming and other duties as assigned
• Facilitation, teaching, or youth work experience
• Experience with group processing/reflection, group management, and diverse populations
• Comfort or experience with work in outdoor settings is essential
• Experience leading adventure programming, especially on a challenge course, preferred but not required
• Willingness to obtain/maintain Association for Challenge Course Technology Practitioner Certification Level I or II
• Lead Facilitators will need:
o A minimum of Practitioner Certification Level I or equivalent experience
o High and Low Challenge Course facilitation and/or top rope climbing experience
o Ability to put together a day-long sequence of activities related to group
goals/needs and incorporating experiential learning methodology
o Communication, project management, and leadership skills
• Experience with Project Adventure’s Foundational Concepts (Challenge by Choice,
Experiential Learning Cycle, and Full Value Commitment) a plus
• Diverse, creative, and dynamic work environment; orientation to Project Adventure
Training Models and ongoing training and professional development.
• Opportunity to move into a full-time role for the off season (school year)
• Paid holidays for full-time positions; paid sick time; access to PA products/discounts; beautiful, pristine work setting at Moraine Farm campus.
Weekly salary of $700-$1000 or equivalent per diem, commensurate with experience.
Send letter of interest, resume, and challenge course portfolio (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “YCP Challenge Course Facilitator.” No phone calls please.
Project Adventure is an equal opportunity employer.