|ACCT Research Grant
The ACCT Research Grant was created to further research in the challenge course industry by providing financial assistance (up to $1,500) to individuals conducting challenge course research. Proposalswill beaccepted November 1 - December 31, 2016. Notifications about the winner will be announced at the end of January, 2017 and at the ACCT International Conference.
All submissions are reviewed by the Research Advisory Committee. Grant awardees will be expected to present their research at a future ACCT conference.
Proposals should not exceed5 pagesand are expected to include the following:
- Title of the research project.
- Purpose of the research (including how thisisrelated to the challenge course industry and a literature review).
- The problem or issue of focus and the research questions being asked, and how this research will benefit the challenge course industry.
- The research methodology being used.
- The proposed budget for the research project (indirect costs are not permitted).
- Project timeline and IRB approval.
- List of relevant documented references/works cited (may include those used to justify proposal and potential references). These are not personal references.
Specific questions about the research grant can be sent directly to Lizzie Lange (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair of ACCT’s Research Advisory Committee.
Rubric for assessment of research proposals -click here
2015 Grant Winner Proposal -click here
ACCT Mission Statement
The Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) establishes and promotes the standard of care and measure of excellence that defines professional practice and effective challenge course programs. ACCT develops, refines, and publishes standards for Installing, maintaining, and managing challenge courses; provides forums for education and professional development; and advocates for the challenge course and adventure industry.
ACCT Vision Statement
The Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) is the undisputed industry leader, advancing the industry and enabling members' on-going success.